Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Executive Summary:

SouthBound SDK update: Code Design(Pseudo Code) is nearing to the end, hope to start with implementation
 as soon as we receive feedback from community. Planning to start implementation by next week.

2.4 Release will have a "re-brand" to make sure ViPR references are changed to "CoprHD".  JMW also working on "release naming" for code names future releases

Cinder QoS API close to completion - still tweaking the included parameters from Virtual Pools.  Expect code review next week.

 

************************** Start Of Wednesday Nov 4 2015 "Weekly Community meeting" ****************************
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] urayoan irizarry: Hello everyone! :)
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: Good Morning!!
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] Emilia Haligowska: Hi!
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] Curt Bruns: Hi @all
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] urayoan irizarry: let's give 2 minutes and then start
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] Tom Watson: Hello all.
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Hi good morning :)
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] Evgeny Roytman: Good morning
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] bill elliott: Hi there
[Nov-4 9:03 AM] JMW: greetings, everybody!
[Nov-4 9:05 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, what's first? Southbound SDK?
[Nov-4 9:05 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: ***SouthBound SDK update: Code Design(Pseudo Code) is nearing to the end, hope to start with implementation
 as soon as we receive feedback from community. Planning to start implementation by next week.
[Nov-4 9:06 AM] Shujin Wu: #SouthBound SDK Update# we have sent some of them to @EvgenyRoytman for review. hopefully send all of them this Friday
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] JMW: @PrathameshPatkar cool - how are you soliciting feedback? the wiki?
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] JMW: google group?
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] Evgeny Roytman: There is a good progress from the OSU side. I made some changes in the SDK based on the OSU input.
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] Shujin Wu: @JMW we will update the link on wiki
[Nov-4 9:08 AM] JMW: @ShujinWu ok
[Nov-4 9:10 AM] Shujin Wu: But we haven't got feedbacks for our test cases, should we just go ahead and start implementation?
[Nov-4 9:11 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @ShujinWu Yes, go ahead. Could you send link to test cases page?
[Nov-4 9:11 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: we have our Documents up on Jira and jira links are updated on Wiki...
[Nov-4 9:12 AM] Shujin Wu: https://coprhd.atlassian.net/wiki/display/COP/ScaleIO+Storage+Driver+Based+on+Southbound+SDK#ScaleIO...

[Nov-4 9:12 AM] JMW: @ShujinWu I would. don't wait. keep iterating and posting updates
[Nov-4 9:13 AM] JMW: basically, I wouldn't expect a lot of feedback until we have actual code to run
[Nov-4 9:13 AM] Shujin Wu: Sure @JMW :D
[Nov-4 9:13 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: @JMW we will note that :)
[Nov-4 9:14 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Sure @JMW We will go ahead and start off
[Nov-4 9:14 AM] JMW: at this point, the feedback you need the most comes from the CoprHD engineering team
[Nov-4 9:14 AM] JMW: one thing we could do is post somethign on the emc code blog
[Nov-4 9:15 AM] Shujin Wu: Could you give us the link of emc code blog? is it on wiki?
[Nov-4 9:15 AM] Tom Watson: I just glanced at the page... it's not very long... I'll attempt to read through it. I think receiving feedback earlier, rather than later, is beneficial. No one wants to get far down the road on implementation only to have someone question one of the premises / assumptions that underpin the work.
[Nov-4 9:15 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Can we get feedback there @JMW ?
[Nov-4 9:16 AM] JMW: @TomWatson can you make sure that the relevant parties on the engineering team are looking at this?
[Nov-4 9:16 AM] Ben Perkins: I think we can solicit feedback wherever we like, but I think the feedback vehicles should be either in the comments section of the associated wiki page, or in the CoprHD google groups.
[Nov-4 9:16 AM] JMW: @TomWatson thanks
[Nov-4 9:17 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins sure - that's where all feedback should end up, but we need to start spreading information more widely and casting a wider net
[Nov-4 9:17 AM] Tom Watson: @BenPerkins actually I vote only for comments section of the wiki page. We've been doing everything that way so far.
[Nov-4 9:17 AM] JMW: @TomWatson cool
[Nov-4 9:18 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok
[Nov-4 9:18 AM] urayoan irizarry: is that it for SB SDK?
[Nov-4 9:19 AM] Shujin Wu: And for implementation design, I think it will be much beneficial if we have people who have worked on ScaleIO to review our design, I guess Tong is good option for us?
[Nov-4 9:20 AM] Ben Perkins: That's my understanding, @ShujinWu . You got introduced to her in email, correct?
[Nov-4 9:20 AM] Evgeny Roytman: From my side: I continue to work on SDK support in CoprHD core; answer questions as needed.
[Nov-4 9:20 AM] Shujin Wu: Yes
[Nov-4 9:21 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: yes
[Nov-4 9:21 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @ShujinWu Yes, Tong will be able to help you with ScaleIO specific questions.
[Nov-4 9:22 AM] Shujin Wu: okay, thank you :D
[Nov-4 9:22 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins do you know if all coprhd committers are subscribed to the google group?
[Nov-4 9:23 AM] Ben Perkins: I can't promise that all are, but all have been encouraged. I can send another gentle reminder. :)
[Nov-4 9:23 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins thanks - and I can send a non-gentle reminder :)
[Nov-4 9:23 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins joking - well, partially
[Nov-4 9:24 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @osu I recommend to start implementation from discovery functions. This is the first. When we get resources discovered, we can proceed to provisioning.
[Nov-4 9:24 AM] Ben Perkins: @JMW , I know (on both) :)
[Nov-4 9:25 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: @EvgenyRoytman we will note that and start with implementation as per your advise... :)
[Nov-4 9:25 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @PrathameshPatkar Sounds good. Thanks.
[Nov-4 9:26 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Sure Evgeny :)
[Nov-4 9:26 AM] urayoan irizarry: @cebruns are you next?
[Nov-4 9:27 AM] Curt Bruns: Sure
[Nov-4 9:27 AM] Curt Bruns: We are still working on QoS API implementation for the Cinder API in CoprHD.
[Nov-4 9:27 AM] Curt Bruns: We had a good discussion with Parash today on some sticking points.
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, thanks
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: I have 3 things
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] Curt Bruns: I think we're going to do a pull request this week to get a code review started.
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: but they are all new so I'll go at the end
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: cool
[Nov-4 9:29 AM] Curt Bruns: That's it from my end.
[Nov-4 9:31 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, anything else that was pending before moving to new things?
[Nov-4 9:32 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, then.
[Nov-4 9:32 AM] urayoan irizarry: 1) rebranding.
[Nov-4 9:32 AM] JMW: @ura yay
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] urayoan irizarry: I'm going to start working on the rebranding of CoprHD.
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] Curt Bruns: Ura is marketing now? Uh oh. :)
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] urayoan irizarry: I got some good info from Ben yesterday on where to start learning about the GUI. I'll make a wiki page once I have the plan
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] urayoan irizarry: lol
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] JMW: sweet
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: no, just changing anywhere that says ViPR to CoprHD in the GUI. At least that should be the first step. We
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: we'd also like to have anything in the logs also changed
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] Curt Bruns: Ah - +1
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: that way it's easy to tell what you're looking at when looking at logs.
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: 2) Ubuntu build
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] JMW: makes sense
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] urayoan irizarry: We're going to start working on building CoprHD and running it in the latest Ubuntu version.
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] urayoan irizarry: I've started talking with some folks around here in the office and may get some help. Will update with more once I know more. :)
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] Ben Perkins: @ura , do we have a plan on who?
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] Ben Perkins: Ah okay
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] Curt Bruns: Might consider changing the name of "viprcli" as well to "coprhdcli"
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: It looks like it's me so far, but may get some help from Julio's team or the build team.
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: Good point @cebruns
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] JMW: @ura I'm happy to do some damage as well
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: 3. Youtube channel
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: I just made the channel today. STill need to move all the videos over to that channel
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] Ben Perkins: @JMW , hopefully not literally on this one. :)
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins yeah, well, you never know ;)
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] urayoan irizarry: Should be easy, I'm just trying to see if there's a way to move that doesn't involve just downloading everything and reposting under the new channel.
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] urayoan irizarry: This way all videos are not just under my account. :)
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] urayoan irizarry: That's it from my end.
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] Curt Bruns: Good idea.

[Nov-4 9:38 AM] urayoan irizarry: Anyone else have anything?
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] JMW: hrm... not sure about that. you may have to start off by "liking" videos from the new account
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] JMW: @ura yeah, release
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] urayoan irizarry: Right
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] JMW: @ura as in, what are we going to call CoprHD 2.4?
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] Ben Perkins: Also, updated Bylaws draft.
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] JMW: and
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] JMW: what are teh blockers?
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins oh right
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, let's do bylaws first.
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] urayoan irizarry: @cebruns Do you know if Intel has looked at the latest draft?
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] Curt Bruns: Sorry - don't know for sure. Let's ask today in the sync meeting.
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] urayoan irizarry: Does anyone here have any questions regarding the latest draft of the governance?
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] urayoan irizarry: Has everyone read it yet? :)
[Nov-4 9:41 AM] JMW: lol of course they have ;)
[Nov-4 9:42 AM] Ben Perkins: It's better with popcorn.
[Nov-4 9:42 AM] urayoan irizarry: RRRRiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt....
[Nov-4 9:42 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, everyone has homework then. :)
[Nov-4 9:43 AM] urayoan irizarry: Make sure you get your feedback in at least by the 20th.
[Nov-4 9:43 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, let's talk about the release then.
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] urayoan irizarry: 2.4 is coming out soon. And I guess the first question is, do we want to have actual names along with releases.
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] urayoan irizarry: The same way open stack 12 = Liberty?
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] JMW: @ura I would say yes, but I'm not sure I would call it a blocker for this release
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] Ben Perkins: We can be & Justics for all!
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] Ben Perkins: Justice even.
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] JMW: all I know is we can't call it darth ;)
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] urayoan irizarry: Darth is just the internal project name
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Ben Perkins: I see your can't, and raise you a don't want to @JMW
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: I know, but it' all over the wiki
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Curt Bruns: Man - I liked the Star Wars naming convention....
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] urayoan irizarry: EMC just uses numbers
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: @cebruns we can continue with the star wars convention
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: but I would save darth for a later date :)
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Ben Perkins: No good can come from naming a release after a Sith.
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Curt Bruns: At least until the movie bombs, then we'll have to switch. :)
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: lol exactly
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] urayoan irizarry: Yeah, that's a side effect of mixing the internal and external development I guess. :)
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: haha!
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] JMW: if anyone has a star wars name handy, feel free to list it here
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] Ben Perkins: Walking Carpet
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] urayoan irizarry: How about this. JVM and I talk about it offline and then make a proposal page in the wiki on what to do with the next release.
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] JMW: @ura sounds reasonable
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins wha???
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] urayoan irizarry: We know we want to separate it from the ViPR release. We just need to figure out exactly how. :)
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] Curt Bruns: We could start with snake names...Anaconda, Ball Python, Cobra...
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] JMW: @cebruns not bad actually
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] JMW: @ura right
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] JMW: @cebruns although it would get mighty confusing considering that "copperhead" is already a specific species of snake
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] urayoan irizarry: One thing I'm pretty sure we want to consider a blocker for the coprHD release is the rebranding.
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] Curt Bruns: True.
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] JMW: @ura yup
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] Ben Perkins: @JMW, sorry harking way back to the very first SW, negative reference to Chewbacca from the Princess. :) (oops, my age is showing)
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] JMW: @ura and the question is how long will it take
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins can't believe I missed that!
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] JMW: @ura and what will constitute "good enough"
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, JVM and I will have something for next week. I'll start a thread on the google group to start gathering suggestions for names and naming conventions.
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] urayoan irizarry: right
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] JMW: @ura am I JVM?
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] urayoan irizarry: LOL
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] urayoan irizarry: Yes you are.
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] urayoan irizarry: you work anywhere.
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] JMW: when was I elevated to VM status?
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] JMW: haha
[Nov-4 9:51 AM] urayoan irizarry: pretty much
[Nov-4 9:52 AM] JMW: @ura do you havea general idea how long it will take to swap in a logo and colors, plus the text changes?
[Nov-4 9:52 AM] urayoan irizarry: I don't
[Nov-4 9:52 AM] JMW: @ura Ok. let's see if we can get a better idea this week
[Nov-4 9:53 AM] urayoan irizarry: not yet. Need to read up on everything related to the GUI first. I should have a good idea this week.
[Nov-4 9:53 AM] JMW: @ura because I'm looping in marketing help for the release, and we need to start putting together a tiemline
[Nov-4 9:53 AM] urayoan irizarry: I'm sure it's probably just a day's work for someone familiar with the GUI, could be a week or more for me if I end up having to reverse engineer the whole thing. :)
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] urayoan irizarry: Understood.
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] JMW: @ura then let's make sureyou have help
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] urayoan irizarry: yep, working on it.
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] JMW: aight

[Nov-4 9:54 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, anything else? We're almost at the 1 hour mark.
[Nov-4 9:55 AM] JMW: I'm good
[Nov-4 9:56 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, see you all next week. Have a good one! :)
[Nov-4 9:56 AM] urayoan irizarry: ************************** END Of Wednesday Nov 4 2015 "Weekly Community meeting" ****************************

 

************************** Start Of Wednesday Nov 4 2015 "Weekly Community meeting" ****************************
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] urayoan irizarry: Hello everyone! :)
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: Good Morning!!
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] Emilia Haligowska: Hi!
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] Curt Bruns: Hi @all
[Nov-4 9:01 AM] urayoan irizarry: let's give 2 minutes and then start
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] Tom Watson: Hello all.
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Hi good morning :)
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] Evgeny Roytman: Good morning
[Nov-4 9:02 AM] bill elliott: Hi there
[Nov-4 9:03 AM] JMW: greetings, everybody!
[Nov-4 9:05 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, what's first? Southbound SDK?
[Nov-4 9:05 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: ***SouthBound SDK update: Code Design(Pseudo Code) is nearing to the end, hope to start with implementation
 as soon as we receive feedback from community. Planning to start implementation by next week.
[Nov-4 9:06 AM] Shujin Wu: #SouthBound SDK Update# we have sent some of them to @EvgenyRoytman for review. hopefully send all of them this Friday
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] JMW: @PrathameshPatkar cool - how are you soliciting feedback? the wiki?
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] JMW: google group?
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] Evgeny Roytman: There is a good progress from the OSU side. I made some changes in the SDK based on the OSU input.
[Nov-4 9:07 AM] Shujin Wu: @JMW we will update the link on wiki
[Nov-4 9:08 AM] JMW: @ShujinWu ok
[Nov-4 9:10 AM] Shujin Wu: But we haven't got feedbacks for our test cases, should we just go ahead and start implementation?
[Nov-4 9:11 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @ShujinWu Yes, go ahead. Could you send link to test cases page?
[Nov-4 9:11 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: we have our Documents up on Jira and jira links are updated on Wiki...
[Nov-4 9:12 AM] Shujin Wu: https://coprhd.atlassian.net/wiki/display/COP/ScaleIO+Storage+Driver+Based+on+Southbound+SDK#ScaleIO...

[Nov-4 9:12 AM] JMW: @ShujinWu I would. don't wait. keep iterating and posting updates
[Nov-4 9:13 AM] JMW: basically, I wouldn't expect a lot of feedback until we have actual code to run
[Nov-4 9:13 AM] Shujin Wu: Sure @JMW :D
[Nov-4 9:13 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: @JMW we will note that :)
[Nov-4 9:14 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Sure @JMW We will go ahead and start off
[Nov-4 9:14 AM] JMW: at this point, the feedback you need the most comes from the CoprHD engineering team
[Nov-4 9:14 AM] JMW: one thing we could do is post somethign on the emc code blog
[Nov-4 9:15 AM] Shujin Wu: Could you give us the link of emc code blog? is it on wiki?
[Nov-4 9:15 AM] Tom Watson: I just glanced at the page... it's not very long... I'll attempt to read through it. I think receiving feedback earlier, rather than later, is beneficial. No one wants to get far down the road on implementation only to have someone question one of the premises / assumptions that underpin the work.
[Nov-4 9:15 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Can we get feedback there @JMW ?
[Nov-4 9:16 AM] JMW: @TomWatson can you make sure that the relevant parties on the engineering team are looking at this?
[Nov-4 9:16 AM] Ben Perkins: I think we can solicit feedback wherever we like, but I think the feedback vehicles should be either in the comments section of the associated wiki page, or in the CoprHD google groups.
[Nov-4 9:16 AM] JMW: @TomWatson thanks
[Nov-4 9:17 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins sure - that's where all feedback should end up, but we need to start spreading information more widely and casting a wider net
[Nov-4 9:17 AM] Tom Watson: @BenPerkins actually I vote only for comments section of the wiki page. We've been doing everything that way so far.
[Nov-4 9:17 AM] JMW: @TomWatson cool
[Nov-4 9:18 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok
[Nov-4 9:18 AM] urayoan irizarry: is that it for SB SDK?
[Nov-4 9:19 AM] Shujin Wu: And for implementation design, I think it will be much beneficial if we have people who have worked on ScaleIO to review our design, I guess Tong is good option for us?
[Nov-4 9:20 AM] Ben Perkins: That's my understanding, @ShujinWu . You got introduced to her in email, correct?
[Nov-4 9:20 AM] Evgeny Roytman: From my side: I continue to work on SDK support in CoprHD core; answer questions as needed.
[Nov-4 9:20 AM] Shujin Wu: Yes
[Nov-4 9:21 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: yes
[Nov-4 9:21 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @ShujinWu Yes, Tong will be able to help you with ScaleIO specific questions.
[Nov-4 9:22 AM] Shujin Wu: okay, thank you :D
[Nov-4 9:22 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins do you know if all coprhd committers are subscribed to the google group?
[Nov-4 9:23 AM] Ben Perkins: I can't promise that all are, but all have been encouraged. I can send another gentle reminder. :)
[Nov-4 9:23 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins thanks - and I can send a non-gentle reminder :)
[Nov-4 9:23 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins joking - well, partially
[Nov-4 9:24 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @osu I recommend to start implementation from discovery functions. This is the first. When we get resources discovered, we can proceed to provisioning.
[Nov-4 9:24 AM] Ben Perkins: @JMW , I know (on both) :)
[Nov-4 9:25 AM] Prathamesh Patkar: @EvgenyRoytman we will note that and start with implementation as per your advise... :)
[Nov-4 9:25 AM] Evgeny Roytman: @PrathameshPatkar Sounds good. Thanks.
[Nov-4 9:26 AM] Varun Rajgopal: Sure Evgeny :)
[Nov-4 9:26 AM] urayoan irizarry: @cebruns are you next?
[Nov-4 9:27 AM] Curt Bruns: Sure
[Nov-4 9:27 AM] Curt Bruns: We are still working on QoS API implementation for the Cinder API in CoprHD.
[Nov-4 9:27 AM] Curt Bruns: We had a good discussion with Parash today on some sticking points.
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, thanks
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: I have 3 things
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] Curt Bruns: I think we're going to do a pull request this week to get a code review started.
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: but they are all new so I'll go at the end
[Nov-4 9:28 AM] urayoan irizarry: cool
[Nov-4 9:29 AM] Curt Bruns: That's it from my end.
[Nov-4 9:31 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, anything else that was pending before moving to new things?
[Nov-4 9:32 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, then.
[Nov-4 9:32 AM] urayoan irizarry: 1) rebranding.
[Nov-4 9:32 AM] JMW: @ura yay
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] urayoan irizarry: I'm going to start working on the rebranding of CoprHD.
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] Curt Bruns: Ura is marketing now? Uh oh. :)
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] urayoan irizarry: I got some good info from Ben yesterday on where to start learning about the GUI. I'll make a wiki page once I have the plan
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] urayoan irizarry: lol
[Nov-4 9:33 AM] JMW: sweet
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: no, just changing anywhere that says ViPR to CoprHD in the GUI. At least that should be the first step. We
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: we'd also like to have anything in the logs also changed
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] Curt Bruns: Ah - +1
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: that way it's easy to tell what you're looking at when looking at logs.
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] urayoan irizarry: 2) Ubuntu build
[Nov-4 9:34 AM] JMW: makes sense
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] urayoan irizarry: We're going to start working on building CoprHD and running it in the latest Ubuntu version.
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] urayoan irizarry: I've started talking with some folks around here in the office and may get some help. Will update with more once I know more. :)
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] Ben Perkins: @ura , do we have a plan on who?
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] Ben Perkins: Ah okay
[Nov-4 9:35 AM] Curt Bruns: Might consider changing the name of "viprcli" as well to "coprhdcli"
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: It looks like it's me so far, but may get some help from Julio's team or the build team.
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: Good point @cebruns
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] JMW: @ura I'm happy to do some damage as well
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: 3. Youtube channel
[Nov-4 9:36 AM] urayoan irizarry: I just made the channel today. STill need to move all the videos over to that channel
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] Ben Perkins: @JMW , hopefully not literally on this one. :)
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins yeah, well, you never know ;)
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] urayoan irizarry: Should be easy, I'm just trying to see if there's a way to move that doesn't involve just downloading everything and reposting under the new channel.
[Nov-4 9:37 AM] urayoan irizarry: This way all videos are not just under my account. :)
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] urayoan irizarry: That's it from my end.
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] Curt Bruns: Good idea.

[Nov-4 9:38 AM] urayoan irizarry: Anyone else have anything?
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] JMW: hrm... not sure about that. you may have to start off by "liking" videos from the new account
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] JMW: @ura yeah, release
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] urayoan irizarry: Right
[Nov-4 9:38 AM] JMW: @ura as in, what are we going to call CoprHD 2.4?
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] Ben Perkins: Also, updated Bylaws draft.
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] JMW: and
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] JMW: what are teh blockers?
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins oh right
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, let's do bylaws first.
[Nov-4 9:39 AM] urayoan irizarry: @cebruns Do you know if Intel has looked at the latest draft?
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] Curt Bruns: Sorry - don't know for sure. Let's ask today in the sync meeting.
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] urayoan irizarry: Does anyone here have any questions regarding the latest draft of the governance?
[Nov-4 9:40 AM] urayoan irizarry: Has everyone read it yet? :)
[Nov-4 9:41 AM] JMW: lol of course they have ;)
[Nov-4 9:42 AM] Ben Perkins: It's better with popcorn.
[Nov-4 9:42 AM] urayoan irizarry: RRRRiiiiiiiigggghhhhtttt....
[Nov-4 9:42 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, everyone has homework then. :)
[Nov-4 9:43 AM] urayoan irizarry: Make sure you get your feedback in at least by the 20th.
[Nov-4 9:43 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, let's talk about the release then.
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] urayoan irizarry: 2.4 is coming out soon. And I guess the first question is, do we want to have actual names along with releases.
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] urayoan irizarry: The same way open stack 12 = Liberty?
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] JMW: @ura I would say yes, but I'm not sure I would call it a blocker for this release
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] Ben Perkins: We can be & Justics for all!
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] Ben Perkins: Justice even.
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] JMW: all I know is we can't call it darth ;)
[Nov-4 9:44 AM] urayoan irizarry: Darth is just the internal project name
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Ben Perkins: I see your can't, and raise you a don't want to @JMW
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: I know, but it' all over the wiki
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Curt Bruns: Man - I liked the Star Wars naming convention....
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] urayoan irizarry: EMC just uses numbers
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: @cebruns we can continue with the star wars convention
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: but I would save darth for a later date :)
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Ben Perkins: No good can come from naming a release after a Sith.
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] Curt Bruns: At least until the movie bombs, then we'll have to switch. :)
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: lol exactly
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] urayoan irizarry: Yeah, that's a side effect of mixing the internal and external development I guess. :)
[Nov-4 9:45 AM] JMW: haha!
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] JMW: if anyone has a star wars name handy, feel free to list it here
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] Ben Perkins: Walking Carpet
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] urayoan irizarry: How about this. JVM and I talk about it offline and then make a proposal page in the wiki on what to do with the next release.
[Nov-4 9:46 AM] JMW: @ura sounds reasonable
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins wha???
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] urayoan irizarry: We know we want to separate it from the ViPR release. We just need to figure out exactly how. :)
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] Curt Bruns: We could start with snake names...Anaconda, Ball Python, Cobra...
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] JMW: @cebruns not bad actually
[Nov-4 9:47 AM] JMW: @ura right
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] JMW: @cebruns although it would get mighty confusing considering that "copperhead" is already a specific species of snake
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] urayoan irizarry: One thing I'm pretty sure we want to consider a blocker for the coprHD release is the rebranding.
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] Curt Bruns: True.
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] JMW: @ura yup
[Nov-4 9:48 AM] Ben Perkins: @JMW, sorry harking way back to the very first SW, negative reference to Chewbacca from the Princess. :) (oops, my age is showing)
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] JMW: @ura and the question is how long will it take
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] JMW: @BenPerkins can't believe I missed that!
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] JMW: @ura and what will constitute "good enough"
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, JVM and I will have something for next week. I'll start a thread on the google group to start gathering suggestions for names and naming conventions.
[Nov-4 9:49 AM] urayoan irizarry: right
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] JMW: @ura am I JVM?
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] urayoan irizarry: LOL
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] urayoan irizarry: Yes you are.
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] urayoan irizarry: you work anywhere.
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] JMW: when was I elevated to VM status?
[Nov-4 9:50 AM] JMW: haha
[Nov-4 9:51 AM] urayoan irizarry: pretty much
[Nov-4 9:52 AM] JMW: @ura do you havea general idea how long it will take to swap in a logo and colors, plus the text changes?
[Nov-4 9:52 AM] urayoan irizarry: I don't
[Nov-4 9:52 AM] JMW: @ura Ok. let's see if we can get a better idea this week
[Nov-4 9:53 AM] urayoan irizarry: not yet. Need to read up on everything related to the GUI first. I should have a good idea this week.
[Nov-4 9:53 AM] JMW: @ura because I'm looping in marketing help for the release, and we need to start putting together a tiemline
[Nov-4 9:53 AM] urayoan irizarry: I'm sure it's probably just a day's work for someone familiar with the GUI, could be a week or more for me if I end up having to reverse engineer the whole thing. :)
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] urayoan irizarry: Understood.
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] JMW: @ura then let's make sureyou have help
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] urayoan irizarry: yep, working on it.
[Nov-4 9:54 AM] JMW: aight

[Nov-4 9:54 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, anything else? We're almost at the 1 hour mark.
[Nov-4 9:55 AM] JMW: I'm good
[Nov-4 9:56 AM] urayoan irizarry: ok, see you all next week. Have a good one! :)
[Nov-4 9:56 AM] urayoan irizarry: ************************** END Of Wednesday Nov 4 2015 "Weekly Community meeting" ****************************

  • No labels